Monday, April 16, 2007

The Amityville Horror - Remastered


After reviewing the score for Lalo Schifrin's Amityville Horror I felt it was a bit lagging and I was unable to feel comfortable with its slow-motion tempo. Unfortunately, I do not have the original cd or this remastering would have came out much better. I also noticed alot of crackling and cracking from the cd it came from (probably during copy) plus I heard alot of other noises from the master tapes as well which was normal, such as papers and musicians moving. I would like to add that I did find some amazing touches in the score. Small childrens voices and whispers which I was unable to make clear enough to understand (maybe subliminal, maybe from the choir....etc.). I do like how the effect is sort of a sourround sound or Q sound which reaches out to you, very effective. I hope you enjoy this version....please leave some feedback if you'd like. The times listed may have changed for this new remastered version. Adjust your equalizer accordingly to hear the best sound. The compression really makes this piece suffer from truly being astounding. Still it is most remarkable...thanks Lalo.

1. Amityville Horror Main Title (02:24)
2. Father Delaney (04:31)
3. One Year Later (03:30)
4. Screams (02:09)
5. The Windshield (03:11)
6. Kathy's Dream (03:17)
7. The Staircase (03:42)
8. The Babysitter (04:02)
9. At The Park (02:35)
10. The Window (03:35)
11. The Ghost (02:53)
12. The Wall (03:44)
13. Bleeding Walls (03:36)
14. The Ax (03:31)
15. The Crucifix (05:16)
16. Postludium (04:38)
17. Amityville Horror End Credits (03:21)


http://www.sendspace.com/file/x1qiyb

2 comments:

Dana Vino said...

This does sound better cleaned up.

Goldiemusic said...

Hi there
can you repost this as link does not work
many thanks!!